Wow, what a fantastic way to start the day. This morning, I stumbled around, coffee cup in hand and peered into my inbox to find a message saying that the lovely and talented Constance Wallace aka legendsofgreenisle has nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award!
Constance who calls Georgia home, is not only an award-winning writer and poet; but is also working on obtaining her PhD in History. Her series Legends of Green Isle is a wonderfully crafted fantasy fiction series for young adults. I’m at a loss for words (which, trust me doesn’t happen often) and honoured that she has nominated me for this award….I haven’t stopped smiling since! 🙂
As part of being nominated for this award, I have to (1): nominate 6 others for the blog award, and (2) share 10 things that readers might not know about me. So, here we go:
My nominations, there are so many more that should be on this list, so please don’t feel bad if you’re not included! You’re all my favourites! 🙂
Here we go!
1. Lora Fisher ~ www.flairCreativ.net , a smart, sassy and talented woman who always impresses me with her amazing insights and brilliant work.
2. Amber Meadows ~ Amberrisme.com , the amazing and talented “queen of blogging”. A wonderful woman whose authenticity shines through every piece she writes.
3. Charlotte Rains Dixon ~ www.wordstrumpet.com, a brilliant writer and coach who never fails to inspire.
4. Melissa Foster ~ http://womensliterarycafe.com/ , the guru of social networking for authors. Her site is a hub for indie writers to network and promote their work.
5. Rich Weatherly ~http://richweatherly.wordpress.com/ is a true gentleman whose work never fails to impress.
6. Toby Neal~www.tobyneal.net , a wonderful woman, great mystery novelist and brilliant blogger.
10 things that readers might not know about me….
- I married my best friend!
- I have a goofy sense of humour and it tends to come out when I am the most stressed. In situations where most people would be crying…I am wise cracking!
- When I was entering high school, I was told it was not “proper” for girls to take technology courses….so I took machine shop, auto mechanics, drafting, and electronics…ALL of the shop courses. One of my first acts of defiance!
- One of my favourite jobs was working as a court clerk; it was a great opportunity to people watch and helped develop my ability to read people. Also comes in handy when developing characters. 😉
- I love to collect items such as cameras, typewriters, and fountain pens. I love anything vintage, especially useful everyday items; I like to think of the wonderful words and images that were captured by their previous owners.
- I have a fondness for Steampunk inspired art, jewellery and imagery.
- I have a bad coffee and chai tea addiction, and I am not apologizing for it! 😉
- I love to be inspired by recipes but don’t like following them…so far no major disasters. 🙂
- I love music and have very eclectic tastes, my Mp3 player holds everything from Jazz to Punk. I am also my husband’s bass roadie and #1 fan.
- I have to have at least one creative project on the go at all times whether it’s writing, art, photography or even basket weaving 😉 ….it’s much cheaper than therapy! 😉
That’s pretty much it! I am honoured and would like to thank Constance again for nominating me! Wishing everyone a wonderful day! 🙂