Social media and news in recent times has been filled with hate and negativity. Just as you cannot fight darkness, one can only light lamps, hate and negativity cannot be fought. You need to bring love and positivity forward instead.
“We Are the World Blogfest” seeks to promote positive news. There are many cases of love and light out there, stories that show compassion and the resilience of the human spirit. Sharing these stories increases our awareness of hope in our increasingly dark world.
We will link to charities supported by the co-hosts, and you could choose to donate to some of them or add links to local charities you support, so we could all chip into a good cause if we like.
Let us flood social media with peace and love, and “In Darkness, Be Light.” The first post for We Are The World Blogfest is on the 31st March 2017.
1. Keep your post to below 500 words, as much as possible.
2. All we ask is you link to a human news story on your blog on the last Friday of each month, one that shows love, humanity, and brotherhood. Something like this news, about a man who only fosters terminally ill children.
3. Join us on the last Friday of each month in sharing news that warms the cockles of our heart. No story is too big or small, as long as it goes beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
4. Place the WE ARE THE WORLD Badge on your sidebar (see the bottom of this page) and help us spread the word on social media. Tweets, Facebook shares, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. More Blogfest signups mean more friends, love and light for all of us.
5. We’ll read and comment on each others’ posts, get to know each other better, and hopefully, make or renew some friendships with everyone who signs on as participants in the coming months.
6. To signup, add your link in WE ARE THE WORLD Linky List below.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
7. Share, share, share! Help us spread the world and bring a little light to social media. Feel free to tweet, share and yell from the rooftops (ok, your neighbours might not appreciate that…so maybe no yelling LOL) using the #WATWB hashtag to help get us trending! 😊
Not a blogger but would like to promote us?…please share our posts using the hashtag~ #WATWB
Thanks so much for stopping by! 🙂