Welcome to the “We are the World Blogfest” (#WATWB ). The #WATWB was inspired by a simple conversation about how all the negativity on social media was weighing on us. Wanting to make a difference we decided to try to do our part to infuse social media with all the good stories that are out there. We hope to share the stories that show kindness, compassion, hope, overcoming challenges and in general, the impressive resilience of the human spirit. For every dark, negative story out there, there is a positive, heartwarming story that will add some light and lift the human spirit.
“We Are the World Blogfest” seeks to promote positive news, highlight causes and in the process hopefully inspire other bloggers to do the same. We will link to charities supported by the co-hosts, and should you choose to donate to some of them or add links to local charities you support, so we could all spread the word or chip into a good cause if we like.
Let us flood social media with peace and love, and “In Darkness, Be Light.”
***Changes at #WATWB***
Hello #WATWB Family!
This Friday is our monthly #WATWB posting for May 2021. I hope everyone is well and coping well during a challenging month. Now more than ever there is a need for WATWB, we need those positive heartwarming or funny stories that show kindness and humanity.
As always I am so incredibly grateful to our wonderful co-hosts and bloggers for their dedication, positivity, and enthusiasm, they have helped add light on a bit of the darkness we’re all enduring throughout the world. As always a special heartfelt thank you to Ashlynn Waterstone for going above and beyond to manage our Facebook page as well as sharing and promoting #WATWB.
As posted last month our format has changed a bit. Unfortunately many of our co-hosts have had to take hiatuses and as a result, wanting to keep #WATWB running with a skeleton crew we will now have only two co-hosts each month and will be working from our Facebook page and Twitter account instead of the Linkylist. Please ensure that you use the #WATWB in your title so that we can find you!
Our May post falls on Friday, May 28th, 2021 Susan Scott (https://www.gardenofedenblog.com ) and Eric Lahti (https://ericlahti.wordpress.com/) will be our co-hosts. We ask those on Facebook and Twitter to like visit, comment and share posts and please reciprocate to those who promote your post.
Please stay safe and be well.
Have a great week!
Find us on Facebook at:
Find us on Twitter at:
1. Keep your post to below 500 words, as much as possible.
2. All we ask is you link to a human news story on your blog on the last Friday of each month, one that shows love, humanity, and brotherhood. Something like this news, about a man who only fosters terminally ill children.
3. Join us on the last Friday of each month in sharing news that warms the cockles of our heart. No story is too big or small, as long as it goes beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
4. Place the WE ARE THE WORLD Badge on your sidebar if possible (see the bottom of this page) and help us spread the word on social media. Tweets, Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month would be most welcome. More Blogfest signups mean more friends, love and light for all of us.
5. We’ll read and comment on each others’ posts, get to know each other better, and hopefully, make or renew some friendships with everyone who signs on as participants in the coming months.
6. Please post the url to our Facebook page or tweet using the #WATWB hashtag.
7. Share, share, share! Help us spread the word and bring a little light to social media. Feel free to tweet, share and yell from the rooftops (ok, your neighbours might not appreciate that…so maybe no yelling LOL) using the #WATWB hashtag to help get us trending! 😊
Not a blogger but would like to promote us?…please share our posts using the hashtag~ #WATWB
To keep up to date and get regular reminders join our Facebook Community Page Here
or follow us on Twitter at @WATWB.
Thanks so much for stopping by! 🙂
Badges (right click to “save as” downloadable .jpg)
For any questions please feel free to contact us below! 🙂